Round 18 of the National Super League (NSL) commenced on Sunday 3 March with seven matches of the scheduled 10 for the round being played across different venues in the country.
Only two matches played on the day failed to produce a winner with one of those, a 1-1 draw between Nairobi Stima and Shabana FC at the Gusii Stadium seeing the former maintain their unbeaten record this season.
Shabana, stringing up now a four match unbeaten run for the first time since the start of the season when they went five without defeat, broke the deadlock in the first half through Hamisi Hadi. But Stima regained their footing to score the equalizer after the hour mark with Victor Omune ensuring a share of the spoils.
The result saw Stima miss out on the chance to go top of the standings for at least 24 hours. They remain though right in the mix for a promotion slot in third place, tied on 38 points with second place Wazito and leaders Ushuru who both play on Monday.
In the biggest win of the day, Administration Police saw off Eldoret Youth 3-0 at the Camp Toyoyo while the biggest upset of the round saw lowly Green Commandos defeat high flying Kisumu All Stars 2-1 at the Bukhungu Stadium.
A Hillary Otieno brace and a goal from Alfred Chole set AP on their way to the win that lifts them up to 7th place with 28 points while Eldoret are in free fall as they are now winless in 10 straight matches and drop to 15th with 18 points.
Commandos’ win over All Stars, the team’s fourth of the season, lifts them out of the drop zone and into 17th place with 13 points while All Stars miss the chance to close the gap between them and the chasing pack and remain in 4th place with 33 points, though that is subject to change when the round continues tomorrow.
Elsewhere at the Thika Stadium, a Joshua Oyoo strike was enough to give visitors Coast Stima all the three points against Fortune Sacco.
The win lifts them to 10th with 25 points, three points above Fortune who remain in 12th place with 22.
Below are all the other results plus tomorrows fixtures with a double header at the Camp Toyoyo receiving live broadcast;
- Administration Police 3-0 Eldoret Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kibera Black Stars 1-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Shabana 1-1 Nairobi Stima (Gusii Stadium)
- Green Commandos 2-1 Kisumu All Stars (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Migori Youth 1-0 Nairobi City Stars (Awendo Green Stadium)
- Fortune Sacco 0-1 Coast Stima (Thika Stadium)
- Thika United 0-2 Bidco United (Thika Stadium)
- Kangemi All-Stars vs Ushuru (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm) LIVE on Bamba Sports
- Wazito vs Talanta (Camp Toyoyo, 4:15 pm) LIVE on Bamba Sports
- Kenya Police vs Modern Coast Rangers (Karuturi Grounds, 1 pm)