Ushuru Football Club will stay top of the second tier National Super League (NSL) log with a dominant 3-0 win over Kangemi All Stars, a round 18 tie staged at Jericho’s Camp Toyoyo Grounds from 2 pm Kenyan time.
Having gained ascendancy to the top the previous week, Ken Kenyatta’s boys did everything they could to ensure their staying up there does not rely on anyone’s efforts but theirs.
Former Nzoia Sugar man Brian Yakhama struck first for the Taxmen after which Oscar Mbugua ensured a 2 goal cushion heading into the break. In the second half, Rafael Tuju compounded to Kangemi’s woes with a third goal.
On the opposite end of the field, goalkeeper Robert Owita oversaw his 13th clean sheet of the season. He now leads the clean sheets chart.
The Taxmen were in no hurry to leave the match venue and stayed back after the match to witness what would be another fruitful result for them- at least in the promotion race as FC Talanta spanked Wazito FC 3-1.
Paul Karuri was first on the score-sheet for a Talanta side that recently lost to Kibera Black Stars, and carrying a 1-0 lead into the break, Abdul Wahab would make it 2-0 upon resumption. Karori soon came for his brace- putting the tie at 3-0.
Wazito were stunned, and could only manage a late consolation goal through Kennedy Ayacko with five minutes of play remaining.
The loss means the former log leaders stay second on the log with 38 points but closely watched by an unbeaten Nairobi Stima side whom they stay above only by superior goal difference. Talanta meanwhile assume 4th on 35 points at the expense of Kisumu All Stars who lost to Green Commandos on Sunday.
The other clash of the day saw Kenya Police emerge 2-1 winners over visiting Modern Coast Rangers at the Karuturi Grounds.
- Kangemi All-Stars 0-3 Ushuru (Camp Toyoyo)
- Wazito 1-3 Talanta (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kenya Police 2-1 Modern Coast Rangers (Karuturi Grounds)
- Administration Police 3-0 Eldoret Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kibera Black Stars 1-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Shabana 1-1 Nairobi Stima (Gusii Stadium)
- Green Commandos 2-1 Kisumu All Stars (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Migori Youth 1-0 Nairobi City Stars (Awendo Green Stadium)
- Fortune Sacco 0-1 Coast Stima (Thika Stadium)
- Thika United 0-2 Bidco United (Thika Stadium)