The second-leg of the 2018-19 season kicked off on Wednesday 13 March with all 10 matches being played across different venues in the country.
The round saw Ushuru FC maintain their slim lead at the top of the standings with Wazito FC not giving them breathing space as Nairobi Stima, though maintaining their unbeaten status, dropped crucial points in the title race.
Coming into the round, all three teams were tied at 41 points with Ushuru’s goal difference seeing them holdout on top spot.
And after suffering defeat to Kenya Police in the previous round, the Taxmen new they had to respond against lowly Migori Youth. And they did just that as a Brian Yakhama lone strike ensured all three points in Awendo to lift them up to 44 points.
It was the perfect response to Wazito’s early kickoff 3-2 victory over Nairobi City Stars at the Camp Toyoyo. A Joe Waithira double and a Wilson Anekeya strike propelled Wazito to the win with Benson Iregi and Robert Ndung’u netting for City Stars who are 17th in the 20 team log, tied on 11 points with the other two bottom sides.
In Naivasha at the Karuturi Grounds, hosts Stima were unable to replicate Ushuru and Wazito’s results as they were held to a goalless draw by Bidco United to drop to third on 42 points with Bidco down in 8th place with 31 points.
In the highlight clash of the round that pitted two of the most potent sides in the league in Administration Police and Kisumu All Stars, it was the law enforcers who carried the day with a 3-1 win at the Camp Toyoyo,
Goals from Abdulkarim Abbas, Hillary Otieno and Salim Mzee did the job for AP who still remain in 6th place but now on 34 points, five adrift of 4th place All Stars.
Below are some of the confirmed results of the round;
- Migori Youth 0-1 Ushuru (Awendo Stadium)
- Green Commandos 1-1 Modern Coast Rangers (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Wazito 3-2 Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Administration Police 3-1 Kisumu All Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kibera Black Stars 3-1 Kangemi All-Stars (Camp Toyoyo)
- Fortune Sacco 1-2 Kenya Police (Thika Stadium)
- Thika United vs Coast Stima (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
- Shabana 1-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Gusii Stadium)
- Eldoret Youth 1-0 FC Talanta (Eldoret Polytechnic)
- Nairobi Stima 0-0 Bidco United (Karuturi Grounds)