Wazito FC produced a slim 1-0 win over Kibera Black Stars in a round 23 National Super League (NSL) fixture, the only one played Wednesday 27 March, to move to two points clear at the top of the standings.
Derrick Onyango’s second half strike at the Camp Toyoyo lifted Fred Ambani’s side to 50 points, two clear of Ushuru FC who could return back to the top with a win over Green Commandos on Friday.
Thursday will also see one game with the remaining eight being scattered across different venues on Friday.
The win over Black Stars sees Wazito return back to winning ways after suffering a shock loss to relegation threatened Migori Youth last time out that ended a three game winning streak as well as offer Ambani his first loss since being confirmed as head coach a fortnight ago.
Wednesday’s loss, Black Stars’ 11th of the campaign, leaves them in 15th place with 22 points.
Below are the other upcoming fixtures of the round;
2. Nairobi City Stars vs Bidco United (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
3. Kangemi All Stars vs Eldoret Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
4. Ushuru vs Green Commandos (Ruaraka Grounds, 3 pm)
5. Fortune Sacco vs Thika United (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
6. Modern Coast Rangers vs Nairobi Stima (Serani Sports Ground, 3 pm)
7. Coast Stima vs FC Talanta (Mbaraki Sports Club, 3 pm)
8. Kenya Police vs Administration Police (Karuturi Grounds, 1 pm)
9. St Joseph Youth vs Kisumu All Stars (Afraha Stadium, 3 pm)
10. Migori Youth vs Shabana (Awendo Green Stadium, 3 pm)