Round 23 of the National Super League (NSL) concluded on Saturday 30 March with three matches being played across the country.
All three fixtures produced winners with two of them winning away from home.
Promotion chasing Kisumu All Stars did their chances of sealing a qualification slot to the Kenyan Premier League (KPL) a world of good after they won 2-0 away to St. Joseph Youth at the Afraha Stadium in Nakuru.
Seth Oyugi and Eric Otieno struck within six minutes of one another with Oyugi opening the scoring after 19 minutes.
The three points saw All Stars maintain hold on 4th place as they moved up to 46 points, two points outside the promotion places and four adrift of top spot.
For St. Joseph, the loss is their ninth of the season and stretches their winless run now to five games. They remain in 12th place with 26 points.
Police FC, another promotion chasing side, also claimed valuable three points by defeating fellow law enforcers Administration Police 2-1 at the Karuturi Grounds in Naivasha.
Goals from Alvin Mangenyi and David Oluoch secured the victory for the 5th placed side who moved up to 43 points.
AP on their part are six points adrift in 7th place with 37 points.
In Migori County at the Awendo Green Stadium, hosts Migori Youth were unable to hold off a resurgent Shabana side as they fell 2-0.
The loss leaves them just three points above the drop zone while 10th placed Shabana are boosted by the win and move up to 35 points.
The round kicked off on Wednesday 27 with Wazito FC claiming victory over Kibera Black Stars to move to the top of the standings.
Below are all the results of the round;
- Kibera Black Stars 0-1 Wazito (Camp Toyoyo)
- Nairobi City Stars 0-0 Bidco United (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kangemi All-Stars 2-2 Eldoret Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Ushuru 1-3 Green Commandos (Ruaraka Grounds)
- Fortune Sacco 4-0 Thika United (Thika Stadium)
- Modern Coast Rangers 2-3 Nairobi Stima (Serani Sports Ground)
- Coast Stima 3-1 FC Talanta (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Kenya Police 2-1 Administration Police (Karuturi Grounds)
- St Joseph Youth 0-2 Kisumu All Stars (Afraha Stadium)
- Migori Youth 0-2 Shabana (Awendo Green Stadium)