Nzoia Sugar and Tusker FC both claimed 1-0 wins over Vihiga United and KCB FC respectively in midweek round 22 league action played Thursday 11 April at different venues in the country.
Collins Wakhungu provided the finish for Nzoia almost immediately after the restart at the Sudi Stadium in Bungoma while Boniface Muchiri came up with the goal for Tusker after 51 minutes at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos.
Tusker’s result sees them return back to 6th place on the standings, a position they had vacated following Sony Sugar’s win over Mathare United on Wednesday.
The brewers are up to 34 points now, tied with 5th placed Kakamega Homeboyz and Sony while KCB, who would have leapfrogged Tusker with a win, remain in 9th place with 29 points.
Nzoia on their part move up to 10th place with 28 points with Vihiga remaining just two points above the drop zone in 15th place.
The round kicked off on Wednesday with four matches and below are all the confirmed results;
- Sofapaka 0-0 Ulinzi Stars – Machakos
- AFC Leopards 1-1 Kakamega Homeboyz – Machakos
- Chemelil Sugar FC 0-0 Posta Rangers – Chemelil
- Mathare United 1-2 Sony Sugar FC – Kasarani
- Tusker FC 1-0 KCB FC – Machakos
- Western Stima 0-0 Kariobangi Sharks – Kisumu – (Round 21)
- Nzoia Sugar FC 1-0 Vihiga United – Sudi