Round 26 of the National Super League (NSL) continued on Saturday 13 April with three matches scheduled across different venues in the country.
Two teams claimed wins on Saturday with the biggest win of all being Kisumu All Stars’ 2-0 win over Migori Youth at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu, as it propelled All Stars to the league summit.
All Stars took advantage of Ushuru’s dropped points at the Gusii Stadium to ascend to the top, now tied at 53 points with second place Nairobi Stima who drew 1-1 with Green Commandos also on the same day.
Shadrack Omondi and John Oruko got the goals for All Stars’ 15th win of the season that has them joint second in that regard behind Wazito FC who have claimed the most wins with 16.
At the Gusii Stadium in Kisii, Shabana FC came from behind to claim a 2-1 win over Ushuru who failed to regain top spot with the loss.
Brian Otieno broke the deadlock on the stroke of half time but Shabana came back for the second half with more intent and scored the equalizer after just six minutes of the restart through Hamisi Ahadi.
Daniel Murage would claim the winner in the 65th minute to help claim the three points that lift Shabana up to 8th with 40 points.
Saturday’s results make it more congested at the top as only a single point separates the top four teams with Wazito in 4th place with 52 points.
The round begun on Friday with five matches and will conclude on Sunday with two more.
Below are all the confirmed results plus the remaining fixtures;
- City Stars 2-1 Modern Coast Rangers (Hope Center)
- Coast Stima 5-2 Kangemi All-Stars (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Administration Police 2-2 Thika United (Camp Toyoyo)
- Talanta 3-3 Fortune Sacco (Camp Toyoyo)
- Eldoret Youth 2-1 Wazito (Eldoret Show Grounds)
- Shabana 2-1 Ushuru (Gusii Stadium)
- Nairobi Stima 1-1 Green Commandos (Karuturi Grounds)
- Kisumu Allstars 2-0 Migori Youth (Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- St. Joseph’s Youth vs Kenya Police (Afraha Stadium, 11 am)
- Bidco United vs Kibera Black Stars (Thika Stadium, 4 pm)