Sofapaka FC claimed a 3-2 win over Posta Rangers in a Kenyan Premier League (KPL) round 27 encounter played at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos on Wednesday 1 May to move to six points adrift of league leaders Gor Mahia.
John Avire had Sofa leading in the first half before a splendid start to the second, saw John Baraza’s men score twice with golden boot candidate Umaru Kasumba scoring his 15th strike of the season and defender George Maelo scoring the other.
Rangers would respond through goals from Felix Oluoch and Francis Nambute to set-up a tense final minutes of the game but Sofa would do enough to see out the win that consolidates second spot and moves them up to 52 points.
Gor who lead the standings with 58 points, can however restore their nine point lead with a win over KCB on Thursday in Machakos.
Rangers on their part remain in 15th place with 25 points, four above the drop zone.
Seven matches were scheduled for Wednesday with the Nzoia Sugar vs AFC Leopards match failing to kick off after the millers awarded Leopards with three free points in a 2-0 walkover.
Below are the full results plus the two upcoming fixtures to conclude the round;
- Nzoia Sugar FC vs AFC Leopards – Bukhungu – Walkover
- Chemelil Sugar FC 2-2 Kariobangi Sharks – Chemelil
- Sony Sugar FC 3-1 Vihiga United – Awendo
- Mt Kenya United 0-3 Western Stima – Machakos
- Sofapaka 3-2 Posta Rangers – Machakos
- Mathare United 3-1 Zoo FC – Kasarani
- Kakamega Homeboyz 3-1 Tusker FC – 4:15 PM
- Bandari vs Ulinzi Stars – Mombasa – 3 PM
- Gor Mahia vs KCB FC – Machakos – 3 PM