Sofapaka FC missed their chance of moving to within five points of top spot after they let a two goal lead slip to draw 2-2 with Tusker in a round 28 Kenya Premier League (KPL) tie played at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos on Sunday 5 May.
Early goals in either half from Umaru Kasumba and Brian Magonya had Sofa leading 2-0 but the tables would be turned in the last nine minutes of the game including stoppage time as Boniface Muchiri and Rodgers Aloro secured the point for Tusker.
Sofa remain 2nd on the standings with 53 points, seven adrift of leaders Gor Mahia who dropped points against Western Stima in a 0-0 draw earlier in the day.
Tusker also remain stagnant on the standings, lying in 7th place with 42 points.
In another game played earlier at the same ground, visiting Bandari FC played out a drub 0-0 result with hosts Posta Rangers to also miss their chance to place themselves back in the title conversation.
The point left the coastal outfit in 3rd place with 49 points while Rangers remain in 15th place with 26 points, two points above the drop zone.
Seven round 28 matches have been played thus far with two set to be contested tomorrow so as to conclude the round. Below are all the confirmed results;
- Vihiga United 2-1 Chemelil Sugar FC – Bukhungu
2. Posta Rangers 0-0 Bandari FC – Machakos
3. Tusker FC 2-2 Sofapaka – Machakos
4. Zoo FC 0-0 Sony Sugar – Kericho
5. Western Stima 0-0 Gor Mahia – Kisumu
6. AFC Leopards 0-2 Mathare United – Bukhungu
7. Kariobangi Sharks 0-3 Kakamega Homeboyz – Kasarani
8. Ulinzi Stars vs Nzoia Sugar – Nakuru – 3 PM
9. KCB FC vs Mt Kenya United – Machakos – 3 PM