Ulinzi Stars and KCB FC concluded round 28 of the Kenyan Premier League (KPL) by claiming wins over Nzoia Sugar and Mt. Kenya United respectively in matches played across different venues on Monday 6 May.
Ulinzi dispatched KCB 1-0 courtesy of Bernard Ongoma’s lone strike in the 85th minute at the Afraha Stadium in Nakuru while KCB saw off relegation threatened MKU 2-0 at the Kenyatta Stadium in Machakos with Kennedy Owino and Ezekiel Odera grabbing the goals.
The win for the soldiers came at a cost though as Omar Mbongi was withdrawn in the second half after suffering an injury with Harun Mwale coming on as a replacement.
Ulinzi’s win has them move up one place on the league standings to 8th with 39 points, seven more than Nzoia who drop to 12th with 32 points.
KCB on their part exchange places with the millers as they move up one place to 11th with 34 points with MKU remaining rooted at the bottom of the log with 18 points.
The round started on Saturday with one game and continued on Sunday with five more matches.
Below are the full results of the round;
- Vihiga United 2-1 Chemelil Sugar FC – Bukhungu
2. Posta Rangers 0-0 Bandari FC – Machakos
3. Tusker FC 2-2 Sofapaka – Machakos
4. Zoo FC 0-0 Sony Sugar – Kericho
5. Western Stima 0-0 Gor Mahia – Kisumu
6. AFC Leopards 0-2 Mathare United – Bukhungu
7. Kariobangi Sharks 0-3 Kakamega Homeboyz – Kasarani
8. Ulinzi Stars 1-0 Nzoia Sugar – Nakuru
9. KCB FC 2-0 Mt Kenya United – Machakos