Round 33 of the National Super League (NSL) kicked off on Friday 17 May with four matches of the scheduled 10 for the round being played across different venues in the country.
Wazito FC and Kisumu All Stars, who are both separated by a single point at the top of the standings, claimed wins in their respective matches as did Ushuru FC, another promotion hopeful.
Hot on the heels
The win saw them extend their lead at the top of the standings to four points as they moved up to 69 points.
But the huge win did little to offset their closest rivals All Stars, who claimed a slim 1-0 victory over Coast Stima at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu, to maintain the one point deficit.
A second half effort from John Oruko was all All Stars needed to claim the win that has them remain second with 68 points.
Back to the Camp Toyoyo where 4th placed Ushuru FC ended a three game winless run by defeating visiting St. Joseph’s Youth 2-1 to move to 63 points, a point adrift of third place (promotion playoff slot).
A frenzy ending to the game saw Evans Maliachi net in the fourth minute of added time to cancel out Fadhili Adam’s equalizer that had come just three minutes earlier. Paul Kiongera had broken the deadlock with a first half penalty.
The loss sees St. Joseph fail to make it two wins in a row following last time’s out 2-0 win over Talanta. They remain in 14th place with 35 points.
Elsewhere at the Thika Sub-county Stadium, hosts Bidco United moved up one place to 6th on the log courtesy of a 3-0 win over visiting Modern Coast Rangers.
Michael Owino grabbed a brace for Anthony Akhulia’s men with Nelson Chieta adding the other to make it 55 points for the Thika based side.
The round continues on Saturday with the remaining six matches scheduled.
Below are all the confirmed results plus the upcoming fixtures;
- Wazito 6-0 Green Commandos (Camp Toyoyo)
- Ushuru 2-1 St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kisumu All Stars 1-0 Coast Stima (Moi Stadium Kisumu)
- Bidco United 3-0 Modern Coast Rangers (Thika Stadium)
- Thika United vs Kibera Black Stars (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
- Eldoret Youth vs Kenya Police (Eldoret Show Grounds, 3 pm)
- Nairobi Stima vs Kangemi All-Stars (Karuturi Grounds, 3 pm)
- Shabana vs Fortune Sacco (Gusii Stadium, 3 pm)
- FC Talanta vs Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Administration Police vs Migori Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 4:15 pm)