Wazito FC kicked off round 33 of the National Super League (NSL) in some dominant fashion by whitewashing relegation threatened Green Commandos 6-0 in the round’s early kick off fixture played at the Camp Toyoyo grounds from 11AM.
Victor Ndinya and Derrick Onyango both grabbed a brace in the rout with Joe Waithira and Wilson Anekeya adding a goal each.
The win sees Wazito extend their lead at the top of the standings to four points as they move up to 69 points, though that could change with 2nd placed Kisumu All Stars scheduled to take on Coast Stima at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu later on today.
Commandos on their part remain second from bottom with 24 points and could drop to the bottom of the pile if Kangemi All Stars claim a win over Nairobi Stima on Saturday in Naivasha.
Three more matches remain in Friday’s action with all scheduled to kick off from 3PM.
The round will conclude on Saturday and below are the confirmed results plus the remaining fixtures;
- Wazito 6-0 Green Commandos (Camp Toyoyo)
- Ushuru vs St. Joseph’s Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
- Kisumu All Stars vs Coast Stima (Moi Stadium Kisumu, 3 pm)
- Bidco United vs Modern Coast Rangers (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
- Thika United vs Kibera Black Stars (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
- Eldoret Youth vs Kenya Police (Eldoret Show Grounds, 3 pm)
- Nairobi Stima vs Kangemi All-Stars (Karuturi Grounds, 3 pm)
- Shabana vs Fortune Sacco (Gusii Stadium, 3 pm)
- FC Talanta vs Nairobi City Stars (Camp Toyoyo, 2 pm)
- Administration Police vs Migori Youth (Camp Toyoyo, 4:15 pm)