Kenyan International Anthony Akumu was named the most improved player in Zambian champions Zesco United’s end of season Awards Gala.
Akumu, part of the Kenyan trio plying their trade for the African giants- and double champions of the just concluded season, also had teammate and club top scorer Jesse Were grab an award- the Golden Boot accolade for the just-ended Zambian Super League.
Despite two Kenyans making it to the awards podium, the biggest winner of the night, however, was Lazarous Kambole, newly signed at South African side Kaizer Chiefs Football Club.
For aiding the team towards a double in the just-concluded season, Kambole, bagged a hat-trick of awards: Player of the Year, Players Player of the Year and Most Disciplined.
Zesco United won the Super League title and ABSA cup.
List of Winners
1. Most Improved – Anthony Akumu
2. Most Disciplined – Lazarus Kambole
3. Top Scorer – Jesse Were
4. Most Consistent – Marcel Kalonda
5. Player of the year – Lazarus Kambole
6. Most Valuable Player – John Ching’andu
7. Chairman’s Award – Coach George Lwandamina
8.Players player of the year – Lazarous Kambole