Western Stima, Wazito in a barren stalemate in Kisumu

Visiting Wazito FC and Western Stima FC played to an entertaining barren draw at the Moi Stadium today- Saturday 14th, a week two Kenyan Premier League match hosted at the Moi Stadium from 3 pm Kenyan time.

With both teams having picked just a point from their opening day fixtures, all were expected to go all out in search of a win and the duo did just that.

Winger Paul Acqua was the first with a low dive on 7 minutes but this did little to trouble Samuel Odhiambo in goal for Stima.

Stima’s response at the deft Wazito attacks was a solo drive by striker Oromchan Villa on the left flank but his attempt at the near-post hit the side-netting.

How Wazito FC lined up for the match [IMAGE- Fabian Odhiambo]

The two teams were then locked in an end to end affair up to the half-hour mark- both defenses proving resilient against well-orchestrated forays in the attack.

Amos Asembeka had the last say in terms of attempts on goal in the first half with a powerful long-range effort from outside the 18 -yard area but Odhiambo’s experience between the sticks paid off for Stima- the veteran goalie collecting the shot easily.

Second Half

The second half began with an immediate change of tactics from Stanely Okumbo who brought in youngster Musa Masika for Asembeka. Stima responded by introducing Lucas Waitere for Hassan Kikoyo.

How Western Stima paraded for the match [IMAGE- Fabian Odhiambo]

Henry Onyango then followed in as coach Salim Babu’s second adjustment to his starting eleven.

Abdallah Chamberi- just outside the 18-yard area- struck the second half’s closest chance aimed at the top corner but his former teammate at SoNy Sugar- Kevin Onyango, superbly parried it away for a corner kick.

Coach Okumbi withdrew Elvis Rupia for Derrick Onyango but very few chances would come their way.

James Ogada was Salim’s last roll of the dice and this almost paid dividends immediately as the attacking midfielder sliced through the crowded Wazito attack to strike a low drive that was equaled by keeper Onyango. The second half had largely belonged to the hosts.

Neither team could grab a goal and the tie ended in a barren 0-0 draw.