The National Super League (NSL) continued on Wednesday 18 September with round 4 seeing all 10 matches staged across different venues in the country.
The round saw Nairobi Stima and Bidco United lose their 100% record starts to the season with the latter tasting defeat at home to Nairobi City Stars.
Having not tasted defeat nor conceded a goal in their opening three matches, Bidco lost their chance of sealing leadership of the log outright as they went down 1-0 at the Thika Sub-county Stadium to visiting City Stars.
Inform forward, Ebrimma Sanneh, scored the game’s only goal in the first half with the strike being his fourth of the season.
The Kawangware based side, who have now won three and drawn one of their four matches, leapfrog their opponents and move up to 2nd place with 10 points, tied with Stima who drew 0-0 with Ushuru FC in Naivasha.
Elsewhere at the Mumias Sports Complex, hosts Vihiga United took advantage of Ushuru’s dropped points to move above the taxmen on the standings to 5th by claiming a 3-1 win over debutants Murang’a Seal.
Winger Dennis Wafula grabbed a brace in the game to up his tally for the season to five with Victor Omondi adding the other. Wilson Kamau netted Murang’a’s consolation with the goal being his second of the season. He also scored the consolation in the 2-1 loss to Shabana on matchday 2.
AP’s Bomet and Kenya Police added their first points of the season in the round after sealing draws against Fortune Sacco and Mt Kenya United respectively.
Only Northern Wanderers remain pointless having fallen 4-3 away to Migori Youth.
The round also saw St Joseph’s Youth award Shabana with a walkover as they failed to honour their Gusii Stadium fixture.
Below are all of the round’s full results;
- Vihiga United 3-1 Muranga Seal (Mumias Sports Complex)
- Mt Kenya 1-1 Kenya Police (Camp Toyoyo)
- Kibera Black Stars 0-1 Administration Police (Camp Toyoyo)
- Vihiga Bullets 1-0 Modern Coast Rangers (Bukhungu Stadium)
- Shabana 2-0 St Joseph’s Youth (Gusii Stadium) Walkover
- Bidco United 0-1 Nairobi City Stars (Thika Stadium)
- Nairobi Stima 0-0 Ushuru(Karuturi Grounds)
- Fortune Sacco 0-0 APS Bomet (Kianyaga Stadium)
- FC Talanta 3-0 Coast Stima (Camp Toyoyo)
- Migori Youth 4-3 Northern Wanderers (Awendo Stadium)