Round 14 of the National Super League (NSL) commenced on Wednesday 14 November with the round seeing more draws than wins.
A total of five games of the nine played ended in a share of the spoils with the day’s highlight match-up between Nairobi City Stars and Ushuru one of them.
The two teams played out to a 0-0 result at the Hope Centre grounds in Kawangware with the result maintaining City Stars’ lead atop of the standings as well as their unbeaten start to the campaign.
The Kawangware based side now lead the log with 36 points, six points more than their closest challengers and a whopping 16 points above 6th placed Ushuru who begun the campaign as one of the favourites to seal promotion to the KPL.
There was also a 0-0 stalemate at the Karuturi grounds in Naivasha as second place Nairobi Stima were held by visiting Kibera Black Stars.
The point earned still sees Black Stars remain in the relegation zone, lying third from bottom with eight points now.
There were blockbuster draws in Narok and Nakuru that all ended 2-2. St Joseph Youth were held at home by visiting Mt Kenya United at the Afraha Stadium while Shabana took a point off of APs Bomet in Narok.
Below are all the full results of the round;
- Nairobi City Stars 0-0 Ushuru (Hope Center)
- Coast Stima 3-2 Bidco United (Mbaraki Sports Club)
- Muranga Seal 1-0 FC Talanta (Thika Stadium)
- Modern Coast Rangers 1-0 Migori Youth (Serani Sports Club)
- Kenya Police 1-1 Vihiga Bullets (Karuturi Sports Ground)
- Joseph’s Youth 2-2 Mt. Kenya United (Afraha Stadium)
- APS Bomet 2-2 Shabana (Narok Stadium)
- Administration Police 2-3 Fortune Sacco (Camp Toyoyo)
- Nairobi Stima 0-0 Kibera Black Stars (Karuturi Sports Grounds)