Seven matches have been lined up for Saturday’s Betika Super League fixtures and one of these brings together the only two-second tier sides from Coast Province. Coast Stima will play host to Modern Coast Rangers at the Mbaraki Sports Club from 3 pm, two sides with contrasting fortunes in the 2019-20 Super League season.
While Stima sits 5th on the 20-team log, and fresh from a hard-fought 1-1 draw away to Murang’a Seal, Rangers wallow in 14th and were recently humbled by Bidco United at their own backyard- a 1-0 loss.
Nairobi City Stars, inactive in the previous round but still maintaining their pole position- have Kenya Police ahead of them. Police, buoyed by their 3-1 win over FC Talanta in round 25, occupy mid-table and will want to take-off. City on the other hand, know that Bidco United are only four points away.
Vihiga County sides Bullets and United are both at home- Bullets host Kibera Black Stars at the Bukhungu Stadium from 1 pm while United await Administration Police in Mumias. Bullets, despite a 1-0 win away to Administration Police last weekend, will have to be wary of Black Stars who staged an incredible fight the last time out- a home tie against Shabana and one in which their emerged 3-2 winners.
United on the other hand, reeling from a 1-1 draw with St Joseph’s Youth, and chasing promotion, know that the difference between them and 3rd place Nairobi Stima is only two points.
Here are the full fixtures:
- Mt. Kenya United vs Fortune Sacco (Camp Toyoyo, 11 am)
- Nairobi City Stars vs Kenya Police (Camp Toyoyo, 1 pm)
- FC Talanta vs APS Bomet (Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
- Vihiga Bullets vs Kibera Black Stars (Bukhungu Stadium, 1 pm)
- Vihiga United vs Administration Police (Mumias Complex, 2 pm)
- Bidco United vs St. Joseph’s Youth (Thika Stadium, 3 pm)
- Coast Stima vs Modern Coast Rangers (Mbaraki Sports Club, 3 pm)
- Migori Youth vs Nairobi Stima (Awendo, Green Stadium, 3 pm)
- Shabana vs Ushuru (Gusii Stadium, 3 pm)
Feature Image [Courtesy/Coast Stima]