Kisumu All Stars, Tusker share four goals as Leopards dispatch Chemelil Sugar

Kisumu All Stars and Tusker FC battled to a 2-2 share of the spoils at the Moi Stadium in Kisumu, a round 22 Kenyan Premier League match played from 3 pm, and one in which two goals came in stoppage time.

Michael Owino had struck first for the hosts who had been on an eleven-match losing streak in the 41st minute but they would lose this lead just two minutes later when Luke Namanda struck back for the visitors.

The Brewers began the second half with a double change that also had goal-scorer Luke Namanda benched. In came Brian Marita and Timothy Otieno. A lot in the tie pointed to a one-all draw, with All Stars well contained in the final third and Tusker having no room at all whenever they managed to enter the All Stars box.

Goalkeeper Gad Mathews was summoned a number of times.

Tusker had exhausted all their substitutions by the time Eric Ambunya limped off injured- and had to play with ten men from the 80th minute. They risked falling on the counters to the hosts quick-paced attackers led by Eric Otieno.

As expected, Otieno would break free in the 88th minute but he could not get his tap in to beat Robert Mboya with the Tusker goalie the only man left to beat. All Stars would pay for this.

Brian Marita sent in a cross from the left flank- one well-met by Timothy Otieno and tucked away for 2-1 in the 91st minute. It looked as though the visitors would make away with all the spoils of the tie.

Upon restart- Billy Agai would weave his way through Tusker defense but was taken down for an All Stars free-kick. Otieno stood behind the ball to redeem himself and this he did- tucking away the corner kick brilliantly for 2-2. It would end this way.


At the Kericho Green Stadium, Chemelil Sugar failed to contain AFC Leopards- falling 1-0 to the visitors who had to finish the tie a man down. Elvis Rupia was the man on the score-sheet for the Ingwe but Clyde Senaji did not see full minutes for double booking.